The Building Better Regions Fund Infrastructure Projects Stream will support investment ready projects for new infrastructure, or the upgrade or extension of existing infrastructure, that provide economic and social benefits to regional and remote areas.
Round Five will provide $100 million for tourism-related infrastructure projects under the Infrastructure Projects Stream, and a further $100 million for other projects under the Infrastructure Projects Stream and the Community Investments Stream combined, with the allocation of funding across these streams dependant on the volume and quality of applications.
Grants of $20,000 to $10 million to cover 50% or more of eligible costs for projects that deliver economic and social benefits to a regional or remote community.
You can fund your contribution from any source including state, territory and local government grants. Your contribution must be cash.
Where you receive a cash contribution from another source (e.g. state government), the source must provide you with formal documentation confirming the cash contribution so you can attach it to your application.
The Infrastructure Projects Stream supports projects that provide economic and social benefits to regional and remote areas. The projects can be either construction of new infrastructure or the upgrade or extension of existing infrastructure. The Infrastructure Projects Stream only supports investment ready projects.
For most projects based in Junee Shire, grant funding will be up to 50% of eligible project costs.
Your project will need to deliver economic and social benefits to a regional or remote community.
The objectives of the program are to:
- drive economic growth
- build stronger regional communities into the future.
The intended outcomes of the program are to:
- create jobs
- have a positive impact on economic activity, including Indigenous economic participation through employment and supplier-use outcomes
- enhance community facilities
- enhance leadership capacity
- encourage community cohesion and a sense of identity.
To be eligible your project must:
- be aimed at the construction, upgrade or extension of infrastructure that provides economic and social benefits to regional and remote areas
- comprise one of the following activities:
- the construction of new infrastructure
- the upgrade to existing infrastructure
- the extension of existing infrastructure, or
- the replacement of infrastructure where there is a significant increase in benefit
As always, we strongly recommend you check out the Past Successful Grant Recipients for ideas on the types of projects that have previously received funding!
Apply for Building Better Regions Fund – Infrastructure Projects Stream – Round Six
Applications close February 10, 2022.
Notification of outcomes will be provided in writing and are expected in June or July 2022