The NSW Government have just launched Combatting Social Isolation for Seniors during COVID-19 Grants Program. Projects can apply for between $10,000 and $100,000.
These grants aim to combat social isolation for seniors during COVID-19, while maintaining the current social distancing advice. It provides one-off grants for organisations to provide quality social connection opportunities for seniors.
For a program to be eligible, it must be aimed at people aged 65 years and over. Or, it must be for Aboriginal people, aged 55 years and over.
Programs seeking funding should support initiatives that:
- effectively address social isolation for seniors while reducing the risks from COVID-19
- actively attract seniors who are socially isolated, or at risk
- can start immediately, or in a very short timeframe, by extending current capacity, systems and networks
- have a wide geographic spread, regionally or locally focused, community driven and online
- can show business continuity planning to keep the project running until the end of 2020
- give value for money, in terms of overall costs and the outcomes and benefits.
Grant applications close at 11:59pm, April 26, 2020.