Essential Energy have launched Community Choices 2020 to support community groups with funding of up to $2,500. You can do your bit to help community groups when they need a helping hand, now more than ever.
The program allows communities to nominate, and then vote on, local causes that can do with extra support.
Zone 8, which includes Junee Shire, has a total funding pool of $8,500 which will be allocated to the first six eligible participants in order of valid votes received from highest to lowest. The grant allocations will be
- $2,500 for the group with the most votes;
- $2,000 for second;
- $1,500 for third;
- $1,000 for fourth;
- $900 for fifth; and
- $600 for sixth.
The community group must fall within one of the following categories:
Aged Care, Animals, Arts and Culture, Children and Young People, Corporate Foundations, Education, Emergency Services, Environment, Health and Wellbeing, Indigenous, Medical Research, Mental Health, People with Disabilities, Sports, Welfare
A representative from a group can submit a nomination or a customer within the Essential Energy network can submit a nomination on a group’s behalf.
The individual nominating a community group must complete a simple web form, which will take between 10-20 minutes. You can save the form at any time.
First you supply details about the organisation you are nominating
- If the group has an ABN enter that (a link to search for ABNs is included in the form)
- The Essential Energy Zone for Junee is #8
- The organisation must have its’ own bank account (proof will be required before funds are released)
Next you provide the nominators details (and these will be shared with the group you nominate), along with the contact details for community group you are nominating.
Then you answer three questions (600 characters per answer)
- What does the group do in the community
- Why are you nominating the group
- If the group was successful, how do you think they would use the money? Is there a special project or upgrade they need to complete?
We strongly recommend nominators chat to the group they wish to nominate to work out a suitable project(s) before submitting the nomination
Note the nominated community group must be able to receive funds via EFT into a bank account in the organisations name.
Nominations are now open and close 5pm, May 29, 2020