Essential Energy’s Community Support program offers grants to community groups that make a difference in their local community.
The funding is available year round and is offered in two streams — projects under $5,000; and projects $5,000 or above.
Essential Energy want to work with organisations in their communities in a meaningful way. They don’t just want to put their logo on things. Their goal is to partner with organisations and events that are a strong, natural match to at least some aspects of their brand positioning including: Empowering; Supportive and reflective of the diverse communities we serve; and Innovative and future-focused.
To be considered, proposals must include:
- Key details of the opportunity
- The types of stories you will be able to provide
- List of other benefits you will provide
- Outline of your target markets
- Overview of your marketing plan, if you have one
- List of sponsors who have committed to date
- Timeline, including important deadlines
You’ll be notified if your submission were successful, or not, within with four weeks.
Essential Energy generally need a minimum of four months lead time to effectively plan and implement their leverage activities.
As part of your sponsorship from Essential Energy, you need to agree to fulfil requirements including (but not exclusive to);
- A minimum of three of the following for sponsorships valued less than $5,000 and six of the following if valued at $5,000 and over:
- a natural link with Essential Energy’s brand positioning
- benefits that we can pass along to many of our customers. Feel free to use your imagination
- inclusion in email newsletters, or other distribution of our marketing materials to your target markets, e.g. Powerline Safety
- promotion of Essential Energy initiatives (Powerline Safety, Essential Communities, etc) in your social media channels, or direct, face-to-face access to your fans (attendees, members, etc)
- space at the event for on-site activations
- access to industry leaders and/or innovators, particularly for the creation of exclusive content
- ability for Essential Energy staff to participate in a meaningful way.
This content will be shared in our internal and external communications and a key deliverable in order to maintain your sponsorship with Essential Energy is to deliver this content to us in a timely and effective manner.
Proposals that include stories will be considered ahead of those that don’t supply this option. Stories can be touching, uplifting, gritty, funny, or anything in between, so long as they are authentically told. The stories can be submitted as videos (stories or Q&A-style), photos, a slideshow, or written (ideally with at least one photo). They aren’t looking for anything professionally created, just provide what you can.
Apply for Sponsorship
The process first involves contacting Essential Energy’s local Community Relationship Manager from the appropriate region. Junee Shire is based in the Southern Region.