Life Education, in association with Yates Australia, are giving away $10,000 worth of garden grants to Australian Schools, Pre-Schools and Community Groups.
Criteria & Eligibility
Any school (primary, secondary or pre-school), kindergarten, childcare centre, or youth/community group (e.g. Scouts, sports clubs etc) seeking to educate young Australians about gardening and healthy living can apply for up to $1,000.
Successful groups will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Plans that encourage a passion for growing and promoting healthy lifestyle choices
- Links to Life Education’s ‘Growing Good Friends’ Module. This module explores:
- physical activity
- positive relationships
- personal safety
- Level of hands-on student, school and community involvement
- Realistic and detailed project plans
- Integration into the school curriculum or youth/community group program to maximise environmental learning.
If you don’t know where to start with an idea your garden or you’re looking for some inspiration, check out the Garden Inspiration page, with suggests;
- Bee and Butterfly Garden
- Bush Tucker Garden
- Citrus Orchard
- Crunch & Sip Garden
- Pizza Garden
- Raised Veggie Patch
Applicants are encouraged to use the Yates® Australia website for information and inspiration.
Applications close 11:59pm on August 28, 2020
The application process is very simple, and should only take 15-20 minutes to complete.