Life Education, in association with Yates Australia, are giving away $10,000 worth of garden grants to Australian Schools, Pre-Schools and Community Groups.
An additional $1,000 funding contribution is available under the “Double your Grant” stream by incorporating Yates products in your new garden.
Criteria & Eligibility
Any school (primary, secondary or pre-school), kindergarten, childcare centre, or youth/community group (e.g. scouts, sports clubs etc) seeking to educate young Australians about gardening and healthy living can apply for up to $1,000.
Successful groups will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Quality and well thought out designs
- Plans that encourage a passion for growing and promoting healthy lifestyle choices
- Level of hands-on student involvement in the project
- Level of involvement of the broader school community or local community
- Feasible and technically sound project activities
- Realistic and detailed project budget
- Integration into the school curriculum or youth/community group program to maximise environmental learning
- Applicants are encouraged to visit yates.com.au for information and inspiration
- To be eligible to be selected to “Double Your Grant” a list of Yates® products must be included in the application and shown in the progress report. The winner will be selected from this category based on the overall quality of the application.
If you don’t know where to start with an idea your garden or you’re looking for some inspiration, check out the Garden Inspiration page, with suggests;
- Bee and Butterfly Garden
- Bush Tucker Garden
- Citrus Orchard
- Crunch & Sip Garden
- Pizza Garden
- Raised Veggie Patch
- Indoor Classroom Garden
Also look at the Past Recipients of the grants — brief descriptions of the 2019 and 2018 winners projects are included.
Applicants are encouraged to use the Yates® Australia website for information and inspiration.
Applications close 11:59pm on June 18, 2021
The application process is very simple, and should only take 15-20 minutes to complete.