Steph Cooke MP, the Member for Cootamundra, announced on her Facebook page that the NSW Government has allocated $25 million for NSW Showgrounds.
Below is a copy of the announcement “Money for Showgrounds“
I am thrilled to share with you all, the news that $25 million is available right now for NSW showgrounds who put a much-needed project forward to us.
There are 24 showgrounds in our Cootamundra Electorate eligible to receive funding for upgrades and maintenance.
We have been busy calling and emailing all our contacts, however, I’m now reaching out to the wider community to help us. There has never been an opportunity like this one to fix up our showgrounds.
This is great news because:
- Every single showground in the electorate needs upgrades and maintenance done now – some are more “shovel ready” than others
- It provides work for local tradies, stimulates our local economies and will help us get through this tricky time.
What I would love you to do
(if you’re reading this post):
- Share this post – it spreads the good news and helps us capture everything at our showgrounds that is broken, busted, past its used-by date and needs work
- Tag a contact you know is involved in the management of your local showground – or reach out to them directly. This is an incredible opportunity
- Tag a Tradie – we need our tradies to put their hand up to provide quotes and to get involved in any successful project
- Email us – I need everyone who uses a showground in our electorate to help us by sharing why and/or what events you use the showground for (eg, Agricultural Shows, caterers, horses, rodeo, poultry, picnic races, fundraisers, wedding venues, dogs, poultry, festivals) and what improvements you recommend. We will include this in our submissions on behalf of each Showground which requests funding.
What I would love Showground Managers to do
Let me know, via email, what projects can be completed in 2019/20 and 2020/21. Round 1 deadline is next Friday 24 April, however we would like to know by COB Thursday 23 April.
Proposals for projects that can commence in 2019/20 (Round 1) and early 2020/21 (Round 2) will be assessed immediately and funding allocated to showground managers as a priority to allow for timely commencement.
$12.5 million will be available for each round. Any unallocated funding or returned funding, following acquittal, from Round 1 will be rolled forward to Round 2 proposals.
What if your Showground project isn’t “shovel-ready”?
I’ve been all over the electorate (countless times) for 2.5 years looking at facilities everywhere and have encouraged organisations, committees and groups to be shovel-ready at all times because you never know when an opportunity might come along. This is one of those times!
I have my own list of everything you need fixed, but I need you to do the leg work so I can fight for the funds.
In the first round, greater consideration will be afforded to applications that consist of one, or multiple discrete projects that can be carried out without the requirement to obtain planning approvals or undertake detailed supporting studies.
Examples of awesome upgrade projects:
🍽 kitchen facilities
💦 irrigation upgrades
🚧 road works
If you aren’t shovel-ready, please get onto it ASAP. Even if you aren’t ready for Round 1, we will keep you updated on the next round.
You can email me at email@example.com
PS – here’s a very small number of pics from Showgrounds across the electorate being used for many different reasons (all before the current SD restrictions came in). They really are important community facilities. Thanks Melinda Pavey for this program, it’s much appreciated. Sx 💕