The aim of the NSW Festival Relaunch Package is to assist established festivals to relaunch after almost two years of major disruption brought about by COVID-19.
The package has been developed in recognition of the significant economic stimulus festivals bring to the NSW economy, particularly to regional NSW.
The package will provide a one-off cash injection to stabilise these businesses and organisations, ensure employment opportunities remain for key personnel and to ensure future festivals can be planned and delivered with confidence.
The NSW Festival Relaunch package is open to both for-profit and not-for-profit music, screen, and arts festival companies.
Calculation of the funding amount will be based on a standard agreed percentage of average annual expenditure in NSW net of any government grants received by the applicant.
The NSW Festival Relaunch Package is open to both for-profit and not-for-profit music, screen, and arts festival companies.
To be eligible for funding, applicants must be able to demonstrate ALL of the following:
- Have held at least three eligible festivals in NSW since 1 January 2017
- Average paid attendance at these previous events exceed 1,000
- Intention to hold an eligible festival in NSW before 30 June 2023
- Generated income from ticket sales from the eligible festivals
- Have experienced financial loss as a direct result of COVID-19 Public Health Order/s
- Have not already received any COVID-19 related act of grace payments from the NSW Government.
Organisations must also demonstrate that the primary purpose of the festivals they delivered showcased the work of artists engaged in one or more of the following activities:
- Music: including but not limited to contemporary, country, electronic, classical, and jazz performances
- Screen: for example film festivals
- Arts: including writers festivals, dance and theatrical performances and visual art exhibitions.
Organisations will be ineligible if the primary purpose of the activity they deliver is any of the following:
- Un-ticketed / free festivals
- Festivals whose primary purpose is to sell food / beverage / arts and crafts and/or other consumer goods including cars, boats, agricultural products, recreation and leisure pursuits
- Festivals who primary purpose is to promote goods and products, cultural, religious or educational activity
- Any festival where music, screen or arts activity is ancillary to primary purpose of the festival
- Festivals run by State or Federal government bodies.
Read the full Guidelines before submitting an application.
Apply for NSW Festival Relaunch Package
Applications close November 17, 2021 and results will be announced in December 2021.