The Reducing Social Isolation for Seniors Grant Program is an initiative to address social isolation for older people. It funds projects that support seniors to connect with others and address the challenges that contribute to social isolation.
Round Three offers one off funding under three funding categories totalling $600,000, including:
- Category 1: $20,000 grants for new or innovative projects.
- Category 2: $30,000 grants for known or existing projects.
- Category 3: $50,000 grants for projects run by local council.
Be sure to read the Grant Guidelines AND the Frequently Asked Questions before applying. Also check out the successful projects from Rounds One and Two — there are some incredible programs that could easily be replicated within Junee Shire.
Some highlights include:
- Temora Shire Council’s “Learning, Laughing, Living” project is a great program where seniors try a creative activity free of charge. Participants learn new creative skills, hear information from service providers and make new connections in a safe and inclusive environment, with morning or afternoon tea provided. The project culminates with a public exhibition showcasing the creative outcomes from the classes together with phots of the participants working together
- The “Hello Hornsby: Connecting Seniors in Hornsby Shire” program is similar to exisiting programs within Junee Shire that could be expanded upon with grant funding.
- The “Wagga Women’s Shed Garden” is idea of taking disused land (in this old Tennis Courts) and turning in to a community garden is a fabulous idea!
- “Hungry for more” by NovaCare Community Services and The Wholesale Collective shows seniors (and others) how to prepare nutritious meals with pantry staples and seasonal produce (without skimping on FLAVOUR)
- A simple idea of bringing older people together while they are doing things they love, including board games, jigsaws, and gardening, and gaining new learning through podcasts and technology, the “Lismore Library Activity Hub” is a great example of using simple ideas to develop bigger programs.
Apply for Reducing Social Isolation for Seniors Grant Program — Round 3
Applications close September 19, 2022 with successful applications announced in October 2022 and projects commencing in November 2022.