The NSW Governments’ Seniors Festival Grants Program provides seed funding to organisations and councils to run local festival programs and activities that provide opportunities for people over 60, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people with a lifelong disability over the age of 50, to remain active and engaged in their local communities.
NSW Seniors Festival Grants support a range of programs and activities, for example:
- Programs offering access to expert advice, information, tools and resources
- Free samples of activities during NSW Seniors Festival
- Opportunities to connect seniors with local organisations and services
- Outdoor and physically active workshops
Applications can be for small scale, multiple and larger activities throughout the NSW Seniors Festival. Grant applications must propose free or heavily discounted programs or activities for seniors based in NSW.
There are three streams of funding available:
Category 1: Up to $1,000 for small-scale local community programs and activities.
Category 2: $1,001 – $5,000 for larger local community programs and activities.
Category 3: $5,001 – $10,000 to local government organisations only to hold large scale community and regional programs and activities.
Not-for-Profit Organisations, Charitable Organisations, and Public Companies Limited by Guarantee, can apply for Category 1 and 2 funding. Local government authorities based in NSW can apply for Category 1, 2 & 3 funding.
Only one application for funding will be accepted per organisation per project.
Up to 50% of catering costs can be funded for Category 1 projects. Catering costs are not funded for Category 2 and Category 3 projects.
Suggestions for Seniors Festival Events in Junee Shire
Seniors Festival Events can be used by local organisations to operate a small fundraising event, as well allowing our seniors to get out and about to enjoy themselves.
Some project ideas for community organisations, sporting clubs and community halls in Junee Shire might like to consider include:
- Movie Event — Partner with The Athenium Theatre, a Village or Community Hall to hold an movie, with morning (or afternoon) tea served by the Junee Youth Council
- Come and Try Lawn Bowls Event — Partner with either of the bowling clubs here in Junee to have a “come and try lawn bowls” day with Junee Rotary providing tea and scones
- 3-Hole Golf Event — Partner with the Junee Golf Club and have a morning or afternoon with a quick three holes of golf, with CanAssist providing a light lunch
- Visit our Museums — Partner with Broadway Museum, the Roundhouse Museum and/or the Living Doll Museum and have guided tours of the venues, followed by light refreshments served by Lions Club
- Vintage Car Day Trip — Partner with Junee Motor Club or Gasworks Motorsports Car Club to have senior passengers chauffeur driven in a historic car and visit a neighbouring town or village for lunch — visit a pub, winery or cafe.
- Arts and Craft Day — Partner with a local primary school and visit to have an Arts and Crafts Day, where the Seniors assist the students with a craft, or vice versa
- Book Club — Partner with any of the churches in Junee Shire and have a book club event
- Have a BBQ in the Park — Partner with a local junior sporting club to cook a BBQ in Memorial Park or
The ideas are endless, as are the potential partnerships various organisations can form to bring together our seniors and the local community.
NOTE: Names of “potential partnership” organisations and possible venues suggested above were randomly selected and combined as EXAMPLES ONLY. Get in touch with different venues and community organisations to see what is possible!
Close to 100 organisations across NSW received funding for Seniors Festival Events in 2022 — be sure to look at the list of Successful Recipients for even more event and activity ideas that could potentially be funded for 2023’s Seniors Festival in Junee Shire.
Shared Resources Available for Community Events
And don’t forget there are number of “Shared Resources” available for community groups to borrow (or hire at a nominal rate) for use at community events and activities… including the Junee Events Trailer — it contains 100 folding chairs, 10 trestle tables and 6 marquees with floors and walls. The Junee Can-Do Recycling Trailer is also available to collect single use cans and plastic bottles to help organisations raise funds.
There are Fitted Table Cloths (in both Black or White) available to fit the trestle tables. LED lit A-Frames and other Display Accessories are also available,
All successfully funded projects must be conducted
during the 2023 NSW Seniors Festival
February 1 — February 27, 2023
Applications open on July 4, 2022 and close on August 1, 2022. Outcomes will be notified in September 2022, with successful funding distributed by the end of October 2022. Project and events to occur during 2023 NSW Seniors Festival February 1 — February 27, 2023
apply for nsw seniors festival 2023 – category 3 funding (Councils only) »