Congratulations to the Junee Junior Netball Association on securing $2,000 funding after receiving the second highest number of votes in Essential Energy’s Essential Communities 2020 funding.
Results for Zone 8
$175,000 in funding was shared across 20 Zones in Essential Energy’s network area. Junee Shire is located within Zone 8 and there were 16 community groups and sporting clubs nominated for voting in this zone. Junee Shire had three nominations — Junee Junior Netball Association, Rhythm n Rail Inc and Junee Golf Club Ltd.
- $2,500: Ungarie War Memorial Hall (2,837 votes)
- $2,000: Junee Junior Netball Association (2,772 votes)
- $1,500: Grenfell Food Hall (737 votes)
- $1,000: Riding for the Disabled (NSW) Young Centre (718 votes)
- $900: General West Gymnastic Club Inc (557 votes)
- $600: The Grenfell Amateur Swimming Club Inc (373 votes)
- Greenethorpe Soldiers Memorial Hall Inc (178 votes)
- Grenfell Preschool and Long Day Care Centre Inc (173 votes)
- Advance Ardlethan (125 votes)
- Rhythm n Rail Inc (115 votes)
- Gooloogong Log Cabin Inc (106 votes)
- Junee Golf Club Ltd (65 votes)
- West Wylong Rotary Club (58 votes)
- The Trustee for Country Hope Trust (42 votes)
- Home-Start National Inc – Cowra (21 votes)
- Girl Guides Association of NSW – Temora (18 votes)
The Final Leaderboard and Voting Tally can be viewed
Junee Junior Netball Association not only placed second in our local Zone, but also second over all in the entire network!
Only four groups (out of over 250) across the entire network received more than 2,000 — two in our Zone 8 — Ungarie War Memorial Hall (2,837 votes) and Junee Junior Netball Association (2,772 votes); along with Zone 1’s St John’s Catholic Primary School Cobar Parents and Friends Assocation (2,007) and Tacking Point Public School P&C Assn in zone 19 (2,123 votes)
Thank you to everyone who voted for the three Junee based community groups!
Next year, perhaps we will see all six funding places in our local zone taken out by community groups and sporting clubs based in Junee Shire!