The Tackling Tough Times Together grant program helps communities access the resources they need to support one another through the ongoing effects of the drought.
Grants are available for a broad range of grassroots, community-led initiatives that directly and clearly benefit local communities and Round 19 is now open for applications.
The objectives of the program are to help drought-affected communities:
- Reduce social isolation by facilitating strong social cohesion and connection;
- Support and engage the community in leadership development and skills training;
- Support opportunities for social and educational participation and address disadvantage caused by the drought, for children and young people;
- Reduce volunteer fatigue and build the capacity, capability and sustainability of local not-for-profit organisations to provide support to their communities, particularly where they are playing an increased role during the drought; and
- Support local economic recovery or renewal through projects that stimulate economic activity and cash-flow within communities.
There are Round 19 sees THREE funding tiers available — for projects up to $20,000 and for projects up to $60,000 there is a single stage application process. Then there is a tier for projects up to $150,000, that involves two-stages, with a full application due a few weeks earlier than the other tiers. Further information requested is then submitted by the round close date. You need to contact the TTTT team to discuss the $15k tier.
Projects in all tiers must clearly demonstrate a focus on one activity from the seven activity areas listed under the Program Objectives.
As always, we strongly recommend you look at the Past Recipients, especially the Case Studies (we really like the Cowell Silo art project), for ideas on projects that could be funded. Also, read the Grant Guidelines and supporting documentation before applying.
Note: For organisations based with Junee Shire, if your project aligns with the priorities under Investing in Rural Communities Futures funding, your TTTT application may be referred to the IRCF program instead. But don’t let that deter you from submitting an application under TTTT.
Stage 1 (EOI) applications for the Round 19 $150,000 tier must be received by 5pm AEST, Thursday September 10, 2020.
Applications for the $20,000 and $60,000 tiers of Round 19 of Tackling Tough Times Together close Thursday, October 22, 2020
Outcomes for all tiers will be advised late February 2021.