The Tucker Foundation’s funding has been made available through the estate of the late Albert and Barbara Tucker, as per their wishes.
Grants of up to $25,000 will be considered. The Tucker Foundation understands that different projects require different amounts of time to complete and therefore do not set a completion date for projects funded by their grants. The proposed project timeline and justification should be included in the application form.
Much of the funding is allocated to small scale, grassroots groups that are well placed to make a real difference but have limited resources and often struggle to find funding. The Tucker Foundation prioritise groups who are entirely or predominantly run by volunteers.
Grants are available to organisations with income tax exemption and ACNC registration for local, regional or national projects anywhere in Australia. Australian organisations seeking funding for projects undertaken overseas may also be considered.
Applications must meet one or more of the Foundation’s aims and objectives:
- Support, promotion, development and advancement of public art galleries and museums
- Relief of poverty and the suffering of children
- Provision of, or support, for scholarships to disadvantaged children or young adults up to the age of 25 years to enable them to pursue their education at primary, secondary or tertiary institutions
- Protection of women from abuse, assisting women in these circumstances to further their education and providing support to women in these circumstances
- Initiation and support of social change which goes towards increasing the equal treatment and social acceptance of all persons in the community
- Protection of wildlife and habitat, and to preserve natural reserves of forest, oceans and wilderness and for the rehabilitation of flora and fauna
- Prevention of cruelty to animals and the promotion of animal welfare
As always, we strongly recommend you look at the Previous Grants Awarded to gain an insight to the types of projects that the Tucker Foundation will fund — projects have included;
- funding a communal kitchen
- providing online training courses to individuals who have adopted a rescue dog from a registered shelter
- preparing the next generation of paramedics to recognise, treat and refer victims of family violence
- providing scholarships for two young people from refugee or asylum seeker families
- stop the Suffering of Farmed Animals
- assisting families with children who are suffering from poverty and helplessness
- strengthening the mental health and emotional resilience of teenage boys while improving their engagement and perception within the wider community
- bringing together children and animals that have suffered from neglect and/or abuse and enables them to heal each other
- providing legal support to in-the-field “citizen scientists” who are playing a critical role in protecting threatened wildlife species
- empowering young people from refugee backgrounds to achieve their dreams through social enterprise
- funding therapy for women and children recovering from domestic violence, particularly those suffering with PTSD
- … and many, many more diverse programs!
Apply for Tucker Foundation Grants
Applications close August 20, 2021. Outcomes will be announced in Late 2021 and grant funding will be disbursed to successful applicants by the end of 2021.