Under the Australian Government’s Volunteer Grants 2021-22, funding of between $1,000 – $5,000 are available to enable volunteer involving organisations to strengthen community functioning by increasing participation in volunteering. A total pool of $132,450 will be available within the Electorate of Riverina (which includes Junee Shire).
The Volunteer Grants are designed to support volunteer involving organisations with a high proportion (over 40%) of volunteers to:
- Help support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers;
- Help support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering;
- Encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering;
- Post COVID-19 re-engagement activities for volunteers; and
- Adapting practices to support volunteers’ safety in relation to COVID-19.
The intended outcome of the grants is to strengthen community functioning by increasing participation in volunteering. You must indicate in your application how your organisation will use the grant to support volunteers locally and encourage volunteering in the community.
The department will assess your application on its own merits and consider the following criteria:
- the extent to which the project meets the objectives of the program
- whether the project demonstrates value for money.
Volunteer involving organisations can use the volunteer grant for items and activities that support and benefit the organisations volunteers, such as:
- Small equipment items
- Transport costs of volunteers with disability
- Fuel costs incurred by volunteers
- Training for volunteers
- Background screening checks of volunteers
- Documentation requirements
- Post COVID-19 re-engagement activities for volunteers
- Adapting practices to support volunteers safety in relation to COVID-19
Check out the projects that four community organisations from Junee Shire received almost $15,000 in funding for their volunteers under the 2020 program.
Apply for Volunteer Grants 2021-22
Read the Grant Opportunity Guidelines BEFORE submitting an Expression of Interest.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted to Michael McCormack’s office before 5pm, April 20, 2020
Only organisations, who have submitted an EOI and then nominated by their MP will receive an invitation to apply for the 2021 Volunteer Grants. The application period is between 20 May 2021 and 9:00 PM AEST 9 June 2021.