TAFE NSW are now offering 21 courses fee-free* accredited courses online.
Minister for Skills and Tertiary Education Geoff Lee said “The TAFE NSW fee-free accredited courses will contribute to helping businesses stay in business and people stay in jobs. It’s vital we keep people employed and ensure we have the ability to rebound when things do improve. We also understand that many industries are in hibernation, so using this period to upskill for the future is time well spent.”
Whilst these courses are designed for businesses and employees, many of them will provide invaluable skills to the leadership teams and volunteers of local community groups and sporting clubs.
The courses that Junee Community Network suggest may be most suitable for our local volunteers include;
- Team Leader Skill Set
- Statement of Attainment in Executive Skills (900-81119V01)
This course is suitable for those working in various administration and clerical roles, and is a career pathway into a team leader role. Learn how to facilitate meetings, manage an electronic calendar and negotiate meeting arrangements.
- Statement of Attainment in Team Leader Skill Set (BSBSS00063R1-V01)
This short course is designed to develop your skills as a team leader so that you will communicate effectively, ensure team performance, develop effective relationships in the workplace and implement operational plans.
- Statement of Attainment in Administration Skills for Team Leaders (900-81041V01)
This short course covers the skills and knowledge required to organise workplace meetings, travel and conference arrangements and managing business documents and design.
- Statement of Attainment in Business Administration Skills (900-81042V01)
This course provides introductory and underpinning skills and knowledge in word processing, electronic scheduling and presentations for the workplace.
- Statement of Attainment in Executive Assistant Organisational Skills (900-81409V01)
This course is suited to a range of individuals who use well developed administrative skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of administrative contexts.
- Statement of Attainment in Introduction to Accounting (900-80300V01)
This course is suited for people who wish to learn new bookkeeping and accounting skills or enhance current accounting skills.
- Enhance Your Digital Impact
- Statement of Attainment in eMarketing for Small Business (900-80812V01)
Develop skills to use social media platforms and build a basic website to interact with customers and promote products and services. These skills can be applied across a variety of industries.
- Statement of Attainment in Engaging Customers Using Social Media (900-80813V01)
Develop skills to use social media platforms to interact with customers and promote products and services. These skills can be applied across a variety of industries.
- Statement of Attainment in Websites for Small Business (900-80814V01)
Develop skills to build a basic website to interact with customers and promote products and services. These skills can be applied across a variety of industries.
- Practical Business Skills
- Statement of Attainment in Introductory Business Skills (900-81044V01)
This course provides the underpinning skills and knowledge of customer services techniques, work health and safety awareness and intermediate word processing skills for the workplace.
- Statement of Attainment in Writing and Presentation Skills (900-81111V01)
This short course is customised to teach you how to create and deliver dynamic workplace presentations and write complex business documents.
- Statement of Attainment in Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets (900-81122V01)
This course provides training in the use of office applications in word processing and spreadsheet software at a beginner level. Learners will learn correct keyboarding techniques to create a range of workplace documents which may include letters, reports, flyers, budgets, basic formulas and charts.
- Statement of Attainment in Digital Literacy Skills Set (ICTSS00047R1-V01)
This skill set is for persons wanting to gain digital literacy skills in the use of a personal computer, software applications and digital devices. This skill set has been designed for individuals who wish to meet competency requirements for a broad range of digital literacy skills including the use of basic computing, web searching and basic applications software.
* To be eligible for a fully subsidised place you must:
- Live or work in NSW
- Be an Australian Citizen OR Permanent Resident OR New Zealand Citizen OR Humanitarian visa holder
- Be over 17 years (people between 15 and 17 may be eligible and should contact TAFE NSW for more information)
- Have left school
- Have a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
For a complete list of courses available please visit TAFE NSW or call 131 601
find out more about TAFE new fee-free courses »