Not-for-Profit Finance Week, an initiative of Commonwealth Bank and Our Community, is a celebration of ideas, knowledge and financial capacity-building for the $100 billion Australian not-for-profit sector.
The aim of this event, held 3-7 August 2020, is to increase the profile of the not-for-profit sector, bolster the financial capacity and sustainability of the sector, and provide support for the staff, board members and treasurers carrying out the important task of overseeing the finances.
Activities during Not-for-Profit Finance Week will centre around:
- An information packed series of free webinars, where you can have your questions answered
- The Not-for-Profit Treasurers Awards open for 2020, where we highlight and recognise the work of all not-for-profit treasurers
- The launch of the Not-for-Profit Balance Sheet – a resource for CEOs and directors
- Launch of the new Damn Good Advice guide – Damn Good Advice for Chairs
There are FIVE FREE Webinars available for viewing during Not-for-Profit Finance Week 2020L
- Questions your Not-for-Profit should be asking about finances
Monday, August 3, 2020 — 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Not-for-Profit Sector Outlook (Panel Discussion)
Tuesday, August 4, 2020 — 1:00pm to 2:15pm
- Not-for-Profit Balance Sheet
Wednesday, August 5, 2020 — 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Economic Update – the road ahead
Thursday, August 6, 2020 — 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Re-thinking success with Innovation and Design Thinking
Friday, August 7, 2020 — 1:00pm to 2:00pm
For details on each webinar and to register for free, click on the link below.
Damn Good Guides
The Damn Good Guides are a series of booklets filled with excellent advice, tips and answers to questions on a variety of topics.
During Not-for-Profit Finance Week 2020, Our Community Directors will launch a new title “Damn Good Advice for Chairs” to join the existing four titles:
- Damn Good Advice on Cyber-safety and Fraud Prevention
A plain English guide to staying safe online.
- Damn Good Advice for Board Members
Twenty-five questions a not-for-profit board member needs to ask about the finances.
- Damn Good Advice for Treasurers
Twenty-five questions a not-for-profit Treasurer needs to ask.
- Damn Good Advice for School Councils
Twenty-five questions a school councillor needs to ask.
You can download PDF versions of the Damn Good Guides, or order hard copies, by clicking on the guide name above.
Be sure to check out the other Community Finance Resources, Help Sheets, Checklists and Policies on offer — and use the arrows to the left and right of each category to see even more items